Wow! We just got back from Art Unraveled yesterday and it sure was amazing! I wish we could have stayed until Tuesday---but maybe next year ;)! We took some very incredible classes, I was so impressed with most of them! I met some new and wonderful friends and just had an all around great time. Dave loved his classes too, and I'm SO excited to see what he creates with his new mad skills!
- Visual Ammunition for the Art Addict with Davide Modler & Eric Scott
- Dooles Unleashed with Traci Bautista (with my sister, mom and friend Cami)
- Altered Imagery with Karen Michel (with my mom!)
- With one Pallette with Pam Carriker
- Everything about Pens with Kelly Kilmer (with my mom and Samantha!)
- Strange Angels with Michael deMeng
- Window Sampler by Daniel Essig
- Through the Looking Glass with Michael deMeng
- Closure Sampler by Daniel Essig
- Tree Book by Daniel Essig
The on Saturday they have the most OUTSTANDING, AMAZING shopping you've ever seen! If you've never been you must go next year! (You can go to the shopping day without attending the rest of of the retreat, but really you should do both ;))
Here is just a quickie snapshot of the class projects we came home with...you never finish in class so now we have all this stuff to work on ;) maybe we'll have a family night based around them so we can get them done!
I came home with 4 started journals and 3 started altered imagery paintings!
You can look through the "looking glass" on this box Dave made and it's lit from the inside with flickering led candles and their is a scene in there! It's SO COOL! I'm going to have him make me some Halloween ones!
Here is a different view of his "strange angel" (it's not finished yet!) it goes on a really cool faux painted wood board that is still packed so I didn't get a picture of it!
And a little tidbit of the shopping we did! It's a good thing I took our budget in cash---that way we knew we were done when it was gone--I could have spent a thousand bucks if I had had it!!!! LOL
I need to find Samantha's journal too, when she gets home today I'll have her get it for me so I can take some pictures of the cute little journal she made in our pens class. I LOVE to see her art journaling it makes my heart go all a pitter!